LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF BREATHS WE TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My So Called Junky Life's Bead Swap

Sweet Sarah had a bead swap recently and I was Blessed with having Julie as my Partner. She is such a sweet doll :) Our tastes are very similar, so this was an easy swap for me. She likes blue, creams and pinks. I made her two boxes, one for the beads, and one for the focal. Both contents I wrapped in old hankies. I found the sweetest vintage plate with two Victorian women. One in pink and one in blue :) Perfect !!! I added roses and a hanger for her to enjoy. :) Lots of Pink and blue beads, with pretty creamy pearls. Her focal is a vintage brooch that I added some pink rhinestones to the pale blue ones. Yummy ! I also added a few square MOP pearls that I hand painted sweet blue forget me nots onto. :)
She made me the SWEETEST Box ! I LOVE her hand made roses in my colors. She also hand stamped the box in text. Darling !Love, Love !!!!! Inside was another sweet box that she decorated with tiny PINK rhinestones, Sweet !!As well as two bags, one with silver findings , and the other with a rose parfum. I have to almost laugh as our beads are SO close in colors. Mine being more aqua and blue, but Sarah did a great job of pairing us. I love this awesome MOP focal and cant wait to paint a rose onto it :)
Well, I have LOTS to catch you all up on. Another swap that I was in and TERRIBLY late finishing :( I have been really ill this go around. Hopefully this weekend I will post and share more of what has been going on.

Thank you Sarah, for being such an awesome host and Julie, you Rock sweet girl !!

Hugs,

Rhea

25 comments:

Clair said...

Hi Rhea. Just stopping by to see what the other swap participants sent and received. I'm nosey :)

Looks like two amazing parcels for our swap. What fun!

Unknown said...

Non capisco bene la tua lingua, ma mi piacciono molto i tuoi oggetti raffigurati....si tratta di una bomboniera? Baci Silvia

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Such pretties, Rhea! Ya'll really had each other's tastes down pat!!

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

debi said...

Wow! Look at all that beautiful pink and blue!

You both created beautiful boxes and the beads are so pretty. Those will be fun to create with.

Erica said...

WOW!! Your boxes and beads are stunning. And the presents ~ What a wonderful swap partner you are.
I love the box and beads you received, too.

Suz said...

This is a wonderful swap. The two of you are matched perfectly. I am going to sign up the next time they have a bead swap. It looks like so much fun and I have a room full of beads!!!
Enjoy enjoy!
Fondly,
Suz

Farah said...

oh Rhea what a lovely treasure you have... love the plate very much... its a beauty
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

Mandy said...

Such beautiful boxes. Your creations are stunning.

Mandy

vickie said...

Just dropping by to say hello, hope you are feeling good. Great swap goodies!
xoxo
Vickie

Jane said...

What a beautiful swap - looks like you two were indeed well-matched! Hope you're feeling better and on the mend.
Jane-Jacksonville

Marlou McAlees said...

Oh these are just beautiful, I just found your blog and loving your creations :)

Something Special said...

Such beautiful beads and projects and photos.
So lovely to look at is your blog posts. Please come and check out my swap and giveaway that Something Special is hosting in honor of my 200th post and my new blog look!

Lori said...

hi Rhea, what a wonderful swap! sorry it took me so long to answer you back ... thank you so much for thinking of me:) you are such a sweetie ... i hope you are feeling well these days ... i do miss you too ...

Mother Carol said...

Rhea...where are you??i check almost daily. Miss you as I love your blog. Hope all is well.

Jennelise said...

Very pretty! I love the little pink roses. :)
Jennelise

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

I hope you are well. It has been a while.

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

Checking in on you. I hope you are doing well. My prayers are with you this evening. Are you well?

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and your Family!Maria

S.Barbye said...

обожаю ваш блог!!! сочетание цвета, фактур... вы большая молодец!

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Oh, I love your 2 boxes you made! She was a lucky gal!
Thank you for sharing!
Leticia

Charlotte said...

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I may not comment but I enjoy your posts. Stay Cool!

ileana-carmen said...

You have a very beautiful blog. You give me joy, thank you!

Ineke Original said...

Fantastic! What a wonderful blog. Well done. Love the things you are making.
greetings from Holland.
with love,
Ineke

Unknown said...

Hi.........Just wanted to let you know that I'm having a giveaway hosted by Koralee of "Bluebird Notes" Blog for a gift certificate to my new Etsy Shop named: Daisy Pink Wish .....if you have time please check it out....would love to see you enter :)
Daisy~

Renata said...

How come you don't update your blog anymore? It's so pretty what you've created. I like to go to charityshops to find vintage pieces :) and roses are my fave flowers too